Picual is one of the main varieties growing in Spain. One of the varieties that contains the most polyphenols, which makes the olive oil made from it very healthy and especially tasty. The taste emphasizes bitterness and pepper. Picual olive oil is excellent as a dip and sauce, as well as a butter substitute for baking. The olive crop is harvested when the fruit is green in color, full of antioxidants and peppery in taste. The olive oil is intense but balanced and has an aromatic taste and aroma.
- Area: Cardener Valley, in the region of Bages in the province of Barcelona, in the municipality of Navàs.
- Variety: Picual.
- Acidity: < 0,2
- Packaging: available in 500 ml bottles.
- The results of the organoleptic taste: the taste is bitter, soft and slightly grassy with a soft napa. Peppery! Almond and clear nutty nuances.
- Country: Spain
- Best before: 2022/12
- Additive-free, lactose-free, organic, vegan.
Picual is one of the main varieties growing in Spain. It contains the most polyphenols, which makes the olive oil made from it very healthy and especially tasty. The taste emphasizes bitterness and pepper. Picual olive oil is excellent as a dip and sauce, as well as a butter substitute for baking.
Organic extra-virgin olive oil / ekologisk extra jungfruolivolja
INGREDIENTS/ INGREDIENSER: High quality olive oil obtained directly from olives * and only by mechanical methods. Olivolja av hög kvalitet.
ORIGIN: Spain. *Organic.
PRESERVATION: At room temperature. Protect from light and heat. In the refrigerator, the olive oil may solidify and become cloudy. At room temperature, the oil becomes fluid again.
Nutritional content/näringsdeklaration/100 ml (1 dl):
|Energy/Energi:3690 kj / 882 kcal|
| Fat/Fett: |
- of which saturated/varav mättat fett: 13 g
- monounsaturated fats/enkelomättat fett: 75 g
- polyunsaturated fats/fleromättat fett: 11 g
|Carbohydrates/Kolhydrat: 0 g |
- of which sugars/varav sockerarter: 0 g
|Protein/Protein: 0 g|
|Salt/Salt: 0 g|
BEST BEFORE/BÄST FÖRE: 2022/12
Early harvest, December 2020. The crop is harvested early and the olives are picked by traditional methods by hand. Bottled only on request. Bottled to order, latest batch bottled December 2020.
Also available in a larger pack size of 12 x 500 ml.